Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wt Configuration and Experimentation - Continued...

This is a continuation of the previous post titled Wt Configuration and Experimentation.

PackRapt.com is a cloud resources search, bundler and mailer. It allows for search and distribution of disparate cloud documents. One stop search and send. In an effort to maximize efficiency while minimizing footprint and resources exploitation I'm moving PackRapt.com to the Wt framework and customizing the search and curation features. These posts document the adventure.


Wt Configuration and Experimentation - Continued...

We left off taking a look at the Wt samples that are applicable to PackRapt.com

Hangman

The Hangman example included in the Wt library offers a look at simple authentication. I've tried to roll my own authentication before. I thought it was easy. That was, until i had a Ruby guy punch so many holes my attempt it resembled the Titanic. We will, however, use the example as a foundation to creating our own. Easy? No. Fun? Yes.

An important part of the Hangman examples lies in the Wt ORM.  We will be getting into the Wt::dbo soon enough. Patience, for goodness sake! I know you're dying to dive into Wt's ORM but show some restraint!

So, here's the scoop. This is an extremely simple example of how the authentication for PackRapt.com will be implemented. 


Easy, huh? Yeah. As you can see from the login function it simply asks if the user exists. If not, it creates a new user and password in the database. Naturally, we must add an abstraction to the data via Salt/crypt. This example, however, shows one point I'd like to highlight. PackRapt.com will offer an either/or authentication. That is, a user's registration will simply exist or be created. Secure? I guess I'll find out.

I'm heading out to a charity event in Bellevue. Being a little short on time we'll keep this brief. As a review, however, I'll say that we've covered a framework for the authentication and uploads. We've still got a ways to go!

Thank you,

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment